What is the Pop-In Library?
The Pop-In Library is limited Library services, within a limited space in our building.
When is the Pop-In Library available?
- The Pop-In Library is open on Tuesday 10am-6pm and Friday 10am-4pm
- Curbside pickup is available Wednesday 10am-6pm, Thursday 9am-4:30pm, and Saturday 10am-4:30pm
- Staff is available for phone assistance Monday 9am-5pm, Tuesday-Wednesday 9am-7pm, Thursday-Saturday 9am-5pm
Where is the Pop-In Library located?
The Pop-In Library will be held in the New & Popular section of the Library only. Patrons will enter and exit through the Glen Street entrance. No other areas of the building will be accessible.
What services are available in the Pop-In Library?
- Self-checkout station
- Browse the New & Popular collection
- Browse a limited selection of adult, teen, and children’s items including books, audiobooks, and DVDs
- Pick up items on reserve without an appointment
- Get a library card
- Resolve account issues. Fines can be paid by cash or credit card at the self-check.
- Use the copier/fax machine
- Limited computer & printer access (1 station available, max 15 min per person, per day)
- Request items not in browsing area
What safety precautions are in place?
- Hand sanitizer will be available in the lobby for patrons to use upon entering and exiting the building. We request that patrons use the hand sanitizer before handling library materials.
- A maximum of 10 patrons will be allowed in the building at any one time. Loitering will not be allowed.
- Masks or face coverings that cover both the nose and mouth will be required while in the building, and while waiting to enter the Library.
- Social distancing requirements will be in place while inside the building, and while waiting to enter the Library.
- Custodial staff will sanitize high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- All returned materials are quarantined for 96 hours before they are checked-in. No fines accrue on items being quarantined.
What services are unavailable?
- No seating
- Public restrooms
- Drinking fountain
- Notary Public
- 1-on-1 computer/tech help (please call ext. 3 or email for assistance)
- Folklife Center/Holden Collection
- Children’s playroom & toys
- Teen Room
- Browsing newspapers or magazines (back issues of magazines may be requested for check-out)
- No book donations accepted
- Inside book return (please use book drops on Glen Street or Lapham Place)