Friends of the Library - Membership
Looking for a way to help the Crandall Library? It's easy - just join the Friends of Crandall Public Library! All you have to do to be a Friend is to give a monetary contribution.
There's no special membership requirement, and over the years many people have joined. Through your great and continuing generosity, and through book sales, we've been able to raise funds to provide needed equipment and special programs at the library. The Friends Board of Directors then works with the Library to distribute the funds to needed projects.
Thanks to people like you, in 2008 we were able to donate over $40,000 to the Library. Our support enabled many items, including the following:
- Noted children’s book author Marc Brown coming to Crandall Public Library for our dedication weekend
- Locally raised poet Michael Cleary reading his new poem celebrating the opening of the renovated Crandall Public Library
- Reference programming such as musicians Frank Orsini and Artie Traum
- Funding for BookPage, a printed book review which highlights Crandall Public Library promotional information
- Children’s programs such as the NYC Ballet trip and the film Enchanted
- Hearing devices, available during films and other programs
- Equipment for cleaning and maintaining the CD/DVD collection
Won't You Join Us?
No amount is too large or too small. To join, please mail your tax deductible contribution to:
Friends of Crandall Public Library
P.O. Box 330
Glens Falls, NY 12801